This morning, I went to a networking event. My first one. Yes, it was scary, but I can see the benefit of it (and the salmon was pretty tasty), so I’ll overcome my fear and give it a go next week, too.
Part of the format is to give an overview of who I am, what I do and how I might be useful to the other people in the room. Thankfully, time allows for a little more than an elevator pitch, but not much. So I figured an overview of what I’ve done so far this week would give the people in the room a glimpse into my world. So I started writing.
Holy cow. I don’t often audit the content production I get through in a week, so this was quite an eye opener. You know, it turns out I’ve done a fair amount this week. And it’s only Wednesday.
- Interviewed David Coulthard for Red Bull and Wings for Life World Run
- Wrote up the interview so it makes sense to readers 🙂
- Moderate a romance-writing course online for Professional Writing Academy
- Wrote a layman’s guide to spinal cord injury
- Created packaging copy for a new curry sauce
- Edited Engadget’s daily newsletter (daily circulation of 300+k) The Morning After
- Guided edit for a letter to the British Dental Journal
- Sub-edited copy for Cruise Deal and Klook
- In-progress blog content about 3D printing for a local R&D company
- In-progress curriculum development for my write-your-own-website workshop, which will run online with the Professional Writing Academy and in real-life in Bristol. Watch this space – it starts in June.
Jiminy Cricket! You know what, though, it’s a great feeling to just touch base and see what I’ve achieved. I was feeling like I was swimming upstream and achieving not a fat lot. But it turns out, not so much. I feel like I might make this a weekly thing – a little motivational boost.
So, give yourself a pick-me-up – what have you been up to this week?